Last night was our Spina Bifida Support Group Party at Boondocks. Here's a few highlights:
- Learned the Mele Kalikimaka spina bifida style...no stepping or hip motions. Just hands.
- Saw old friends and new families. There's an instant connection others. You can dive right into the questions. Why is she crossed-eyed? Do you like doctor ____? What's your insurance covering? What size catheters do you buy? We always come home feeling boosted by these great people.
- Volunteers. This group is run by dedicated parent volunteers who give so much of their time and talents.
- Coloplast...the group that sponsored the event. They make catheters. When was the last time you went to a party sponsored by catheters? They even handed out free samples and showed the latest inventions...prelubricated and self-contained. Fascinating!
- Watch out for the wheelchairs...lots of kids doing wheelies as we maneuvered around the arcade area.
- Sharing with grandparents. Matt's parents, Nana and Pa, came with us. Lots more fun with them.
- Santa stopped by.
Josie loved the coloring books they handed out of Toobie the Catheter.
She wants to take it to church today.
Kate's piano recital duet with Matt.
Her solo number.
Davey rode by himself on the swingset glider for the first time. So brave and happy!