Skip to main content

Alec Awesomeness Awareness Day

We love Alec.  He's a great cousin, nephew, and friend.  There are few people who love better than Alec.    He has autism.  A few weeks ago he gave a talk in Primary.  He held up the words in order to be understood.  Then he used sign language at the very end of it.  Jaisey, his mom, sent us this picture.


So today our family wore blue and made blue M&M cookies to celebrate Autism Awareness Day.  

Our Houston cousins showing their Alec Awesomeness Awareness all in blue.

Davey and Alec

Awesome Alec







Comments

  1. What a sweet Primary talk, and definitely an Awesome Alec. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

She's Here!

The c-section went beautifully, Maggie was delivered at 10:17. She's 6 lbs 13 oz and has a smattering of Davey's hair, my chin, Millie's voice, Kate's ears, and Josie's temperament. Her lungs seem pretty immature so she's in the Newborn ICU for now. Millie is back in her pre-op room and has not yet been able to really see Maggie. Immediately after delivering her the doctors whisked Maggie into the NICU in the adjoining room. I've been able to see her in there and have shown Millie the pictures. The lesion on her back looks good--it looks like a patch of skin covering what used to be the hole that was there. Her feet don't have any noticeable clubbing and she definitely has more sensation there than Davey did. We are so grateful that she is here.     Posted with Blogsy

Flippidy Floo Flah Folic

Last time I was at Shriners, one of the doctors asked if I had checked my folic acid levels after having Davey.  I responded that I'd never heard of anything like that and had not checked them.  The doctor then proceeded to say she had spoken with a geneticist about our family...two kids with spina bifida.  The geneticist said that I most likely don't metabolize folic acid properly, so that's why my last two children have spina bifida.  In summary, they thought that if I had checked my folic acid levels after Davey, I would have seen that something was wrong and could have prevented Maggie from having spina bifida.  As I listened to these burning words, I thought, "Do you know what you're saying?"  I turned away, bounced with Maggie, and wiped my tears. I'm often asked about folic acid.  It's an integral part of spina bifida prevention , and I should lecture about how everyone should take their folic pills.   But I'm not in t...

New Look, New Outlook

Maggie's a little perplexed with her new accessory.  She does not like them and has cried a lot today.  Luckily, her developmental delay means she doesn't grab at objects, so the glasses stay put...bonus!  After picking up the glasses, we ran some errands.  Davey with his wheel chair, Josie with her bright lipstick that she's not supposed to wear in public, and now Maggie with her goggles. Get used to the stares.